The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programming and fundraising events but by hiring motivated, mission-driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank is looking for a dynamic Donor Relations Manager for our Mobilizing Communities Department. The Donor Relations Manager is two parts major gift officer and one part donor operations manager. The Donor Relations Manager will secure funds for the organization by managing a group of assigned, qualified donors assuring that as many a s possible are retained as ongoing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement. Additionally, the Donor Relations Manager will identify and qualify new prospects as well as oversee portfolio management for other key fundraising staff. This position reports to the Director of Development.
As Donor Relations Manager, you will
- Qualify a portfolio of donors for stewardship and solicitation.
- Develop individual goals for each person in your portfolio based on the donor's history of giving and the organization's knowledge of that donor's capacity.
- Create a plan that will serve as a foundational communication and marketing system for each person in your portfolio. Faithfully and on a timely basis execute that plan so individuals in the portfolio are retained and upgraded.
- Assign portfolio members to the CEO, CDO, Director of Development and other key fundraising staff and lead development of strategies and next steps for these portfolios.
- Work with Database and Stewardship Manager on prospect research and qualification efforts including regular wealth screening of donors.
- Market planned giving opportunities and ensure stewardship of donors who have made legacy gifts or planned gift commitments to the Food Bank.
- Assist in the production of donor cultivation events and fundraise for capital campaigns, as needed.
You are a great candidate if you
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, working to secure donations from individuals.
- Are an outstanding written and oral communicator with above average interpersonal skills.
- Are able to take any Food Bank fact and turn it into a creative stewardship piece that conveys a donor’s impact in a timely and compelling way.
- Show discretion and diplomacy in dealing with the philanthropic sector.
- Have strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects while planning strategically for future efforts.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision, and adhere to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Show a desire to go the extra mile to make the Food Bank major gifts program a success.
Bonus points for
- A proven track record of securing major gifts of $5,000+ from individual donors.
- Database experience, specifically using Raiser’s Edge NXT or Luminate Online.
- Knowledge of and experience using moves management.
To apply visit https://www.centraltexasfoodbank.org/about-us/careers/donor-relations-manager-individual-major-gifts to simply fill out a short questionnaire and attach your resume.