Breakthrough builds a path to and through college, beginning in middle school, for students from low-income communities who will become the first in their families to earn a college degree. Our program provides academic support and individualized advising to students who statistics say will not enroll in or graduate from college without significant support. Breakthrough makes a 12-year commitment to successfully guide each of its students and families through the long and complicated process of preparing for, enrolling in, and completing college. We believe that by providing innovative educational programs to children and their families, we can replace the cycle of poverty with self-sufficiency and hope.
Breakthrough’s development team is growing to secure the rapidly increasing support needed to fund our expansion efforts across Central Texas. We are seeking a talented and hardworking development professional to contribute to a transformational mission as a key member of our high-functioning development team. Under the direction of the Director of Institutional Giving, the Development Coordinator will support the execution of Breakthrough’s grants and annual giving programs as well as support other communications and major fundraising campaigns. The ideal candidate will possess strong writing, analytic, and research skills and experience, impeccable attention to detail, and proven project management skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute robust grants calendar including writing grant proposals and reports
- Conduct prospect research
- Support in maintaining grants calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports
- Support administrative functions of grants department
Annual Giving (25%)
- Under the direction of the Annual Giving Manager, plan and execute all annual giving campaigns (direct mail, monthly giving, Amplify Austin, etc). relying heavily on content creation and project management skills
Communications and Campaign Support (25%)
- Work with CDO to provide administrative support for major fundraising campaigns ( meeting preparation, volunteer correspondence, campaign reports and data tracking, mailings, and other communications)
- Work with Communications Manager to support execution of communications plan including drafting newsletters articles, interviewing and writing student stories, social media content creation, press releases, etc.
- Collaborate regularly with fellow development and program team members to ensure successful execution of all development and communications strategies
- Perform other duties required
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Bachelors’ degree or higher from an accredited four-year university
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, including experience writing grant proposals and reports
- Experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information
- Experience creating fundraising appeal concepts, writing fundraising appeal content, and interviewing and writing client stories, press releases, and social media content is highly preferred
- Experience providing administrative support and/or project management support to major fundraising campaigns preferred
- Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team effort and independently with minimal supervision
- Willingness and ability to take initiative as appropriate
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to develop and improve systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Strong desire to learn and grow professionally
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and deliver commitments in a timely manner
- Disciplined, strong work ethic and comfort with working non-standard hours (weekends and evenings)
- Strong computer proficiency with expertise in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and donor databases (DonorPerfect preferred).
- Breakthrough is a fast-paced, needs-responsive environment. While office hours can be flexible, full-time employees typically work more than 40 hours per week on a regular basis.
- Some evening and weekend work is required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary, depending on qualifications and experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance; Breakthrough pays 100% of employee premiums
- Generous paid leave policy
- Optional 401K retirement plan available
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications for the position, salary requirements, and a list of three references via e-mail to email@example.com.
Breakthrough Central Texas is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its applicants, staff members, and families, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.