Avondale House is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit agency that provides, educational services to individuals with autism, a day habilitation program for young adults, where clients receive training in daily living skills and pre-vocational activities and three residential homes for adults unable to live in their own home. Avondale House has been serving individuals with autism since 1976.
The Development Coordinator position will support the marketing and development efforts of the agency, with a heavy emphasis in coordinating special events and creating internal and external communications. Avondale House offers a generous benefit program that includes medical with an employer contribution, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
Special Event Coordination
- Coordinate major fundraising events (annual luncheon, bowlathon, and marathon)
- Plan and implement school parties, open houses, receptions, and related events
- Implement a robust donor recognition program including annual donor reception
- Plan and implement Autism Awareness activities in April
- Lead internal United Way Agency Campaign for Avondale House
Internal and External Communications
- Design and create agency’s “Around the House” monthly newsletter
- Write and edit articles for newsletter
- Prepare student success stories for board meetings and website
- Design and create programs, flyers, brochures, and print materials as needed
- Help implement new marketing plan being developed by outside consultant
Website and Social Media Management
- Update agency’s website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube accounts
- Identify and track key social media metrics to guide online marketing decisions
- Help increase Avondale House’s brand awareness in the community
- Build relationships with broadcast and digital media contacts
- Draft press releases, letters to the editor, position papers, white papers, and media kits
- Attend fairs and school district events to promote agency or recruit volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of job-related experience in marketing and communications, special event coordination, fundraising, donor database management, and volunteer coordination.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint programs and graphic/website design software (Corel, WordPress, Photoshop, Illustrator) needed.
- Photography or videography skills are a plus.
- Attention to detail is critical to the position.
- Applicants must have a positive attitude, high level of enthusiasm/professionalism, and be a solid team player.
Background Check Required The above statements are intended to describe the work being performed by others assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. This job description may be amended at any time by management. Avondale House is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status, genetics, or sexual orientation and gender identity.
To apply, visit: https://avondalehouse.mitcawm.com/jobs/278566.html