Austin Parks Foundation (APF) is dedicated to partnering with our community to enhance people’s lives by making our public parks, trails and green spaces better through volunteerism, innovative programming, advocacy and financial support. A non-profit established in 1992, APF fills the city’s funding and resource gap needed to develop, maintain and enhance the area’s 300+ parks, trails and green spaces.
APF seeks a talented content creator with a deep passion for analytics, a strong grasp on data-driven campaigns and e-commerce best practices, and a keen eye for high-quality digital design principles. In addition, this position provides an essential support role with annual events and insight for long-term marketing goals and objectives.
Website Maintenance & Development
- Sustains the integrity and usability of APF’s website and online store
- Proficient in WordPress, and HTML with experience editing CSS in a responsive framework
- Manages the calendar, online forms, e-commerce store, media library, product pages, parks database, site infrastructure, user experience, etc.
- Updates/creates website pages & forms as needed
- Manages site billing and registrations (including urls, hosting, theme, plugins, etc.) as well as ongoing website development projects
Analytics + Reporting
- Monitors and analyzes statistics for email, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and blog
- Analyzes website traffic and user behavior through Google Analytics
- Implements best practices for e-commerce site
- Creates robust AdWords campaigns to promote APF programs, donations and events
- Builds and pulls monthly reports for web, email and social, and executes new strategies based on findings
- Maintains social media content calendar in conjunction with Marketing Manager and contributes to digital strategy planning
- Collaboratively plans/researches/writes engaging content for social media and blog
- Monitors and joins conversations on social media platforms as needed
- Provides essential support in the execution of APF events throughout the year
- A.S. or B.S. degree in a related field or equivalent work experience and 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with a personal commitment to maintain a collaborative work environment
- Must be organized and work efficiently with ability to prioritize, track and meet deadlines, use good judgment, remain flexible and work under minimal supervision
- Must be proactive, reliable and possess good customer service skills
- Experience utilizing CRM database, ecommerce platforms, Mailchimp, Google Analytics and AdWords with proven ability to analyze campaign KPIs
- Experience creating, maintaining and optimizing wordpress or similar web platform including form integrations, SEO optimization, and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office products on Apple computers
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, and experience working in nonprofits strongly preferred
- Sitting or standing at a desk, operating a computer
- Able to function in an indoor office setting, as well as outdoor environments
- Able to walk/move on uneven surfaces
- Occasional weekend and evening work required
SALARY + BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience. APF offers a robust and competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, an IRA with company match, generous time off and much more!
We value collaboration, innovation, dependability and inclusiveness. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Come join us!