Austin Opera is seeking a Leadership Giving Coordinator to join its dynamic development team. This position will work closely with the General Director & CEO, Chief Development Officer, and Director of Individual Giving to grow Austin Opera’s leadership giving program.
Primary responsibilities include coordinating the planned giving and leadership giving campaigns (individual donors $10,000+) including participating in solicitation strategy, recording all interactions and moves with major donors and prospects, coordinating the research and wealth screening process, and tracking and executing stewardship moves for leadership donors.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced start-up culture, comfortably adapting to shifting priorities. Flexibility and the ability to work as a member of a team are essential.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare individual donor and prospect research profiles
- Prepare prospect research, donor history, and meeting materials for GD and CDO for solicitation meetings
- Coordinate wealth screening process: utilize WE software to screen patrons; qualify results; prioritize prospects; upload data into Tessitura
- Work with the development team on moving prospects through the donor pipeline by recommending prospects for cultivation
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive donor records are maintained for all leadership giving donors and prospects
- Manage plans (moves management system) in Tessitura for all leadership giving donors and prospects; gather information (contact reports, notes, personalized communications) from the Director of Individual Giving, Chief Development Officer, and GD to enter into Tessitura
- Prepare necessary reports for major gift meetings, take notes, and record action steps in Tessitura
- Monitor moves and ensure they are being completed by assigned parties
- Participate in developing solicitation strategies for major donors and trustees
- Coordinate an effective program for recognition, involvement and stewardship of major donors including underwriting opportunities
Trustees and committee meeting support
- Take minutes at Trustees’ meetings, Finance Committee meetings, and Education Committee meetings; record action items at Development Committee meetings
- Maintain committee designations in Tessitura
- Draft and deploy the annual appeal
- Assist in planning Bravo Society events and follow up communications
- Track planned giving commitments, communications, and patron designations in Tessitura
- Ensure Bravo Society members are recognized and program benefits are fulfilled
- Work as part of the Development team on La Noche, the annual fundraising gala, opening night dinners, and all other donor benefit events
- Work the registration table at all development and fundraising events, and other company events as needed
- Attend events and performances and participate in donor cultivation
- Related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of development experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and customer relationship management software.
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, to adapt easily to changing situations and priorities, and to meet multiple deadlines and goals simultaneously
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for opera and the performing arts
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.