ABOUT THE AUSTIN DOG ALLIANCE
Austin Dog Alliance is a growing nonprofit ready for a new fundraising professional to help take the
organization to the next level. Since 2006, Austin Dog Alliance has been improving the lives of
families and individuals through therapeutic programs which incorporate the powerful connection
between dogs and humans.
Austin Dog Alliance works to bring dogs together with veterans, adults with disabilities, elementary
school children struggling with reading problems, the elderly and sick in our community, and generally
children and adults with varying special needs.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
The Development Director will serve as a key position for Austin Dog Alliance, working in close
partnership with the Executive Director, board members, and volunteer fundraisers. Austin Dog
Alliance seeks a self-motivated, passionate fundraising professional to lead and manage the fund
development programs and raising funds for operations.
Austin Dog Alliance is looking for a goal-oriented person with strong relationship building and
interpersonal skills. The ability to use innovative, creative and strategic thinking is essential to
analyze, plan and implement strategies. We seek a Development Director who can multi-task and is
detail-oriented. Most of all, the candidate will have a passion for our mission and strive to enhance our
work in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising in Austin with a proven record of success
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred, or a candidate with the drive to obtain
- professional certification and recognition
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, project management and communication skills
- Familiarity with the surrounding philanthropic and business community; relationships with local
- donors and community stakeholders
- Ability to work both autonomously and in collaboration
- Proficiency with technology and its increasing role in development operations, including
- experience using a CRM/donor database, social media, and email marketing tools; experience
- using Little Green Lights preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Design a sustainable development program through the creation of an annual development
- plan and support for back office operations.
- Plan, implement, evaluate, and manage the development program designed to meet the goals
- and objectives as defined by the strategic plan.
- Ensure all levels of donors are appropriately cultivated, solicited and stewarded in a donor-
- centered manner.
- Partner with Executive Director, board members, and volunteers to identify, cultivate, and
- solicit potential significant donors to help meet funding goals for the organization.
- Develop strategies to acquire, upgrade and renew donors annually; implement a moves
- management plan for annual and major gift prospects.
- Write compelling grants and collaborate with the Executive Director on foundation research,
- grant writing activities, and reporting.
- Manage all development documentation including gift receipts, thank you letters, reports to the
- board of directors, and other fundraising correspondence.
- Lead the planning and execution of fundraising and awareness-building events, including
- budgets, volunteer management, strategy, and follow-up.
- Supervise and coordinate data-capture and hard files; maintain security and quality controls;
- generate queries, reports, exports and any other collection data as needed; manage any
- related vendors.
- Serve as the primary staff liaison and as a resource to the board of directors on all matters
- related to fundraising; provide ongoing support and training to board members and key
- Identify and cultivate volunteers for the ambassadors program; provide fundraising support
- and training for ambassadors
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the philanthropic community; serve as a
- spokesperson for Austin Dog Alliance.
- Collaborate with staff on the creation of marketing materials, social media and awareness
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION,
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME, LETTER OF INTEREST AND THREE REFERENCES
TO KATIE LINN AT KATIE@BUTLERNONPROFITCONSULTING.COM
THE SUBJECT LINE IN EMAILS SHOULD READ: AUSTIN DOG ALLIANCE SEARCH
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS JULY 28, 2017.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED AS RECEIVED.