The PR & Business Manager works with the ACO board of directors to set and execute a plan to increase our public profile and concert attendance using the Austin Civic Orchestra's website, social media channels, printed materials, and earned media. For all activities, the manager works within budget allocations as established by the ACO Board of Directors.
- Create and implement season advertising plan in accordance with the designated budget
- Write content for ads, coordinating with the ACO graphic designer for required artwork
- Ensure ACO-controlled communication channels are up-to-date for each concert
- Maintain list of free community calendars and post concerts to the those calendars
- Create content/post to ACO social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Create content for the ACO’s email marketing program and implement campaigns
- Monitor analytic reports to strategically improve communication effectiveness
- Assist with the development of the season program and other marketing materials
- Partner as needed with third-party or affiliate channels to improve concert attendance
- Maintain list of contacts in TV, radio, print, and online media; foster relationships
- Write and distribute press releases for each concert • Secure radio, digital, and print coverage of the ACO
- Research ways that ACO events fit into future media plans and pitch stories Business Management & Administration
- Complete business manager tasks as assigned
- Respond to ACO email and phone messages
- Report monthly progress at the ACO board meetings
- 2-4 years of experience in public relations or media relations
- Excellent writing skills and ability
- Execution, focus, and ability to convert energy and strategy into action and results
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- Passion for community, classical music, and Austin Civic Orchestra’s mission to serve
The Austin Civic Orchestra (ACO) is a non-profit civic organization devoted to bringing quality classical music to the Austin community, as well as providing a musical outlet for professional and non-professional musicians alike. The orchestra performs six to eight concerts each season, all of which offer programming to suit a wide variety of musical tastes, from traditional classics to pops and most everything in between. Presented at assorted convenient locations in the Austin area, the relaxed atmosphere and affordable cost have proven appealing to our community.
This is a part-time, contracted position at $25/hr. Average expected monthly hours are 15-30.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.