The Development Associate is responsible for supporting the planning, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of Austin Achieve’s philanthropic networks. The Development Associate fosters a culture of philanthropy, innovation, and partnership within the organization and works under the Development Director to achieve annual contributed revenue, expansion campaign, and community engagement goals. The Development Associate represents Austin Achieve as a leader in the education community and promotes Austin Achieve’s work by supporting the Development Director in her interaction with donors, potential donors, foundations, community partners and the community at large.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Donor And Grant Development (65%)
- Assist the Development Director to secure contributed income from diverse sources including individuals, corporations, foundations, and via special events in keeping with Austin Achieve’s core values, mission, vision, and strategic plan
- Assist the Development Director in the personal cultivation and stewardship of relationships with supporters, prospective supporters, and community leaders to set the organization up for greater development success
- Work closely with Austin Achieve’s shared services and campus leadership teams to understand programmatic needs and to ensure compliance with grant agreements and other donor desires
- Assist with all stewardship and cultivation efforts throughout the year in conjunction with the Development Director and other staff
- Manage salesforce data intake, maintenance, and build out
Community Relationship Building (15%)
- Assist with the development and advancement of key community partner relationships that go well beyond funding relationships
- Assist with implementation of volunteer programs
- Assist with development and delivery of regular communications to external stakeholder, funders, partners, and others (with the support of our marketing and communications department)
Board Engagement (15%)
- Work closely with the Development Director to organize monthly board meeting materials and monthly committee materials
- Work closely with the Development Director on short-term and long-term development strategy, engagement, and planning for our nonprofit, business, and foundation networks
- Under the Development Director, support the Board of Directors and other task forces/committees as needed
Additional Responsibilities (5%)
- Participate actively in all team meetings, staff meetings, and Austin Achieve events
- Participate as a full member of the Austin Achieve team, adhering to and exemplifying our core values
- Participate in professional development that will be strategic to the work of Austin Achieve
- Experience assisting with fundraising programs or performing complex administrative functions.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to interface effectively with a variety of people.
- High degree of proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Office and management of fundraising databases.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org