Austin Achieve Public Schools is an open-enrollment public charter school with the mission to prepare the youth of East Austin to attend and excel at the nation’s top colleges and universities. The Communications & Marketing Associate will play an essential role in the continued development of the Austin Achieve brand. This role was established for the purpose of identifying, developing and implementing strategies and processes to build positive relationships with the organization’s internal and external audiences, including but not limited to scholars, parents, employees and the greater community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Articulate the organization’s mission and goals to internal and external audiences through the creation of communications materials, including newsletters, press releases and other publications to generate positive media coverage.
- Monitor and implement strategic communication plan for school-wide initiatives, including efforts related to fundraising, student recruitment, and parent engagement, in conjunction with the Associate Director of Communications & Marketing.
- Collaborate with school sites and departments to help plan, develop, and implement communication strategies that strengthen the district’s brand and align with the districts communication plan.
- Co-create a comprehensive outreach plan for talent recruitment and act as point for development of related marketing efforts (newsletter, collateral, events, etc.).
- Coordinate production of informative marketing materials and promotional items for Austin Achieve campaigns or initiatives with outside vendors, including graphic designers, print houses, and website managers.
- Assist with all facets of the organization’s web presence including development and maintenance of the content calendar, participation in the planning of social media campaigns, monitoring public feedback and comments, and analytics tracking.
- Photograph campus/district events, as assigned.
- Serve as liaison between the Communications & Marketing Department and campus communicator networks.
- Assist with school-wide events coordinated by the Advancement Department.
- Maintain website content and photo release files in accordance with TEA rules and regulations.
- Participate in after-hours community-based forums and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Communications & Marketing.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, graphic design or a related field
- A minimum of two years' experience in a marketing or communications position, preferably in a nonprofit or startup environment.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups, including students, staff, parents & community members in a positive and professional manner
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills in writing and editing
- Possess problem solving skills and reasoning ability
- Basic computer proficiency including Microsoft Word/Google Docs, Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, and Microsoft PowerPoint/Google Slides
- Extensive knowledge and mastery of Microsoft and Google Suite programs and social media platforms.
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
- Spanish fluency
- Demonstrated success in implementing strong marketing & communication campaigns
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM
- Competencies in desktop publishing skills and graphic production and design (Adobe Creative Suite programs including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Experience with gathering and editing video.
Questions and applications can be directed to Associate Director of Communications & Marketing, Jessica Perez, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted without a resume or cover letter will not be considered.