As the Associate Director of Member Experience, you help staff understand how the platforms we use create a better experience and play the lead role in conducting best practice trainings. You also bring the member experience to life digitally through the maintenance and optimization of our website, mobile app, email marketing, database, and other technology platforms. You help communicate our Mission and values through all communications and throughout all platforms using the Y Voice.
The member relations aspect of this position requires that relationship building be a top priority at all times, attending to the needs and requests of Y colleagues, health seekers, members, and all people associated with the YMCA in a courteous and friendly manner. The Associate of Member Experience reports to the Senior Director of Member Experience.
Partnership with Senior Director of Member Experience:
- Assists with Association application training and prepares documentation, including reference manuals, tutorials, and FAQs.
- Assists with training modules for all staff and leads training as necessary.
- Works with business functional employees to analyze and document information systems requirements and improvement opportunities.
- Provides support for proprietary Association software applications.
- Provides administrative support for client profiles, passwords, and authorizations for all Association applications.
- Maintains user account information, including rights, security and system groups.
- Assists in the development and documentation of policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure effective and correct usage of IS resources.
- Serves as another point of contact between DAXKO (database) and the Association.
- Attends all Impact Teams as needed Updates and refreshes Member Onboarding plan.
- Audits Program Entry for accuracy. Communication and Digital Member Experience
- Maintains and updates the YMCA of Austin website
- Creates and sends monthly branch newsletters.
- Creates a flighting schedule and edits branch emails through the Daxko Engage platform.
- Creates and sends all Association-wide marketing emails.
- Manages all ongoing Engage email initiatives such as Member120, etc.
- Maintains and updates the Netpulse Mobile App.
- Manages Youth Sports communications through Playerspace.
- Works with the digital marketing manager to create landing pages for all digital ad promotions.
Trains branches on how to:
- Navigate and edit the website Use the Mobile App
- Edit and create Engage Initiatives Creates initiatives within Daxko Engage
- Creates digital signage in Reach platform for display in branches
- Manages Daxko Operations integration with the website.
- Manages Daxko Operations integration with Google Tag Manager to enable conversion tracking.
- Creates content for the YMCA of Austin blog.
- Drafts copy for the YMCA of Austin Annual Report.
- Regularly meets and works with the Marketing/Communications team to create a seamless experience.
Accountability and Responsibility:
- Response to trouble-shooting requests for software issues promptly (includes coordinating with other IS staff assigned support responsibility for branches).
- Responds to requests for reports/queries and accomplish tasks within the promised schedule.
- Creates a training curriculum that meets Association operational and personnel requirements.
- Assists in the development of the department budget and ensure operation within assigned resources.
- Maintains IT journals related to access, segmentation of duties, and documentation of projects.
What you bring to the Cause:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field with ideally 2 years of professional experience.
- You should have a solid foundation of User Experience (UX) understanding that is informed by user expectations, business strategy, industry trends, and the competitive landscape.
- Director should be able to identify differentiating ways to solve user problems and deliver user value.
- Experience with Daxko, Playerspace, and Daxko Engage platforms is a plus.
- You listen for understanding and meaning; speak and write effectively and can successfully tailor communication to the appropriate audience. Excellent classroom facilitation and mentoring skills. Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus.
Organized and Productive:
- You utilize time, energy, and resources effectively to manage priorities, stay on track, and achieve goals. Problem Solving: You have strong troubleshooting, data, and analytical skills. You’re capable and quickly learn to assess association processes and assist in developing appropriate approaches to support strategies and goals.
Flexibility and Growth Mindset:
- You can articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it. The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.