4-H CAPITAL AmeriCorps members teach hands-on science activities in school setting at Title I elementary and middle schools in the Austin, TX area. Members serve at-risk youth during school time and afterschool by providing hands-on, project based science programs in four core areas (Animal Science, Gardening, Natural Resources, and Engineering). Members develop semester unit plans for each of their lead classes using a combination of predetermined lessons and lessons they create.
Typical Full Time service hours are Mon-Fri 9:00am - 6:00pm, with some additional hours on evenings and/or weekends. Members will work at a single school site throughout the semester (mileage is reimbursed between work sites). Fridays are used for planning, team meetings, service and program reporting, and trainings.
- Commit to a term of service August 13, 2018 – June 28, 2019
- Serve a total of 1700 hours (40-42.5 hours a week)
- Have a driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must consent to 4 part criminal background check
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn new things!
- Experience working with youth (experience leading groups of youth preferred)
- Earn a living stipend of $14,653 ($700 paid twice a month)
- Earn a Segal Education award of $5,920 after successful completion your service term
- Student loans may qualify for forbearance during your term of service
- Health insurance and professional development opportunities provided
1600-B Smith Rd, Austin TX 78721 | 512-854-3192 |
www.4-HCAPITAL.org | Facebook.com/4HCAPITAL | @4HCAPITAL