Responsible for implementing AFSP’s fundraising and program initiatives within the assigned market areas and working within the chapter service area. As an employee of AFSP National, the Central Texas Area Director will serve as the liaison between National and the local Board Members and/or volunteers for the chapter creating a sound relationship with the intent of brining AFSP’s mission to the community.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement AFSP’s Out of the Darkness Community and Campus Walks and additional approved fundraising within assigned market.
- Implement approved programs within the assigned market area including survivor programs, education programs, advocacy and awareness initiatives.
- Responsible for development and support of Chapter Boards and committees within the market.
- Develop budgets for assigned market area.
- Responsible for volunteer management, including recruiting, training, assigning and recognizing volunteers within assigned market areas.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with community leaders and organizations to promote AFSP’s message, build support for the mission and increase involvement in AFSP events and programs.
- Responsible for marketing and public relations, including, working with media to publicize AFSP events and mission to heighten public awareness and reach fundraising goals.
- Responsible for fiscal management, including relationships with vendors, handling cash, expense management and working with National Office on accounts payable and receivables.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five to seven years’ experience in nonprofit special events fundraising and volunteer management.
- Experience in programs management and development, experience managing Board of Directors and preparing annual budgets and business plans.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required.
POLICY ON PLACEMENT AND RECRUITMENT
The Batten Group and American Foundation for Suicide Prevention are equal opportunity employers committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status or any other basis that is prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
For more information and to apply, please contact Leanne Greco at firstname.lastname@example.org.