AIDS Services of Austin is excited to expand its mission to help people affected by HIV to build a healthy future by establishing a patient-centered medical home providing life-affirming HIV, PrEP, and primary care for at-risk persons in Central Texas. ASA is looking for a strategic thinking and highly organized individual responsible for executing the organization’s mission driven development events, implementing department donor strategies, and supervising department volunteers and interns.
The Special Events Coordinator also assists in other development efforts that will allow the agency to achieve its mission of providing quality care to persons with HIV and AIDS as well as prevention education to the Austin community. The mission of AIDS Services of Austin is to enhance the health and well-being of the community and people affected by HIV and AIDS.
Salary: $32,000 - $39,000
Ideal Candidate Profile
Organized and detail oriented - You have excellent organizational skills. You prioritize tasks to hit deadlines, keep timelines clear and communicate them to your supervisor and the team. You are able to proof work to make sure anything going out to the public is up to ASA’s standard.
Friendly and Empathetic- You enjoy all day interaction with donors and stakeholders (phone and face to face). You enjoy working with stakeholders of varied cultures, ethnicities, income levels, sexual orientations, and gender identities. You view relationship building as essential to job success.
Collaborative Approach- You love teamwork. You collaborate with other members to make sure we are working toward common goals that impact the work of ASA.
Self- Starter and Problem Solver- You find ways to overcome obstacles and barriers with the goal of achieving the task at hand. You are self-motivated and excel with good support and coaching/skill building rather than micromanagement. You are not afraid to ask for help when needed or to suggest new approaches to accomplish tasks.
Mission Driven- You're looking for a job that makes a difference. At ASA you will be an integral part of our community to help our clients build healthier futures and reduce stigma for people affected by HIV/AIDS.
A successful Special Events Coordinator must be able and willing to:
- Managing/assisting all aspects of various special events, including website, email campaigns, social media efforts, and production logistics; and working with internal and external parties (venues, photographers, food vendors, florists, etc.) to initiate, plan, and execute fundraising events
- Coordinating community volunteer participation and engagement in event planning committees and support volunteer event planning committees
- Working with Volunteer Manager/coordinator to recruit event volunteers
- Training and supervising event volunteers
- Developing and managing annual fundraising event calendar
- Developing and managing event logistics, timetables and coordinating run of show for events
- Developing and managing approved event budget
- Regularly communicating with invitees, event prospects, vendors, volunteers, ASA management, and others
- Cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospects, donors, and volunteers
- Functioning as ASA liaison with AIDS Walk Austin, Dining For Life, Red Ribbon Dinners, and other event planning committees and meetings
- Conducting research on honorees, prospects, and issues to be highlighted at events
- Managing database by ensuring that data entry is correct and efficient, implementing effective reporting and tracking methods, and providing statistical updates based on database reports
- Helping maintain agency and AIDS Walk Austin and Dining Out For Life websites as relevant to events
- Fostering an enthusiastic, positive, and friendly Development Department
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
Qualifications and Requirements:
High School or GED diploma required, Bachelor’s degree hospitality, sales, marketing, or related field preferred; specific work experience in the event management arena may be substituted for education
Two to four years’ proven track record in planning and implementing large and small special events
Experience with developing and implementing strategies and campaigns via social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms
Experience with working with board members and donors as volunteers
Experience with volunteer/intern coordination and supervision
Experience in public speaking
Experience with various software programs, including Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel; Abila (Sage) donor database; Luminate (Convio); and GreatFeats
Experience and comfort with relationship development to establish and expand solid working relationships with a broad range of individuals and organizations
Understanding and familiarity with local philanthropic community
To Apply: https://asaustin.applicantpool.com/jobs/